- connect the mio tv set-top box to your hdtv using component cables. some people have problems with hdmi cable.
- connect the mio tv set-top box to your sound system using rca cables, or use optical cable if possible.
- switch on the mio tv set-top box and the tv should appear
- now pay attention, this part is tricky, cant find it mentioned anywhere: how do you turn on the hi-def resolution on your mio tv set-top box? click the “menu” button
- press the right-arrow button till “settings” and click “ok” button
- press the right-arrow button till “channel guide”
- press the down-arrow button till “screen settings” and click “ok” button
- press arrow buttons and “ok” button to select “1080i” and confirm
took me a while to find this under “channel guide” menu. maybe they should put it under “general” menu instead.
now using blogjet and flickr uploadr to write this blog. so much more convenient!